The Taylor University Chorale will be serving in Greece during Spring Break. Please pray:
- That spoken language barriers will be transcended by the music, the international language, and by the genuine, caring spirit of the concerts and church services.
- That students’ understanding and compassion for refugees will be heightened by personal interaction inside a country on the leading edge of the current global crisis.
- That visits to actual sites where the Apostle Paul ministered and suffered for his faith in Christ such as Thessaloniki, Philippi, Corinth and Athens will infuse the Biblical stories with new and profound meaning and response.
- Pray for compassion and open hearts toward the people we are working with as well as eyes that are open to God at work around and in us.
- Pray for boldness in our interactions with others as we follow God’s lead in our service.
- Pray that we might be used to support and encourage the full-time staff at Shepherd and learn from their experiences during our time serving.
- Pray that we might experience the love of Christ flowing tangibly through members of our team and the local community.
- Pray for team flexibility, unity, health, and sustained energy throughout the week as we serve.
Back row: Cameron Eckmann, Caleb Grubb, Nicki Mortland, Clayton Cina, Erica Gleason
Front row: Beth Hicks, Katherine Yeager, Jordan Hardesty, Julia Noonan, Paige McCourt
In less than 2 weeks, 8 teams of Taylor students will leave to serve and learn all over the world! This year, we have teams serving in Indianapolis, IN; Memphis, TN; Daytona Beach, FL; Cancun, Mexico; Dominican Republic; Russia; Greece; and McAllen, TX/Mexico.
We’ll post more information about each team soon, but in the meantime, please pray for all of our teams and for the work God is already doing in each of the places we’re going. Pray specifically for team unity during our last few weeks of class, for our host ministries and missionaries, for health for participants, and for God to work in the lives of each team member and each of the people we’ll meet during Spring Break. If you’d like to support us financially, you can donate here.
Please subscribe or visit this blog for more updates before and during Spring Break. Thanks for your support!