Meet Team Tucson! As pictured from left to right, this team includes Amanda Heggem, Courtney Embry, Alex Gallup, Noah Riggs, Emily Bender, Brianna Kinsey, and (not pictured) Hannah Gumbert.
Partnering with Gospel Rescue Mission– a non profit organization directly focused on serving the homeless and needy for their spiritual, physical, and mental wholeness in Jesus Christ, the team will aid in the construction of their new rescue/community shelter in Tucson, Arizona.
Here are a few ways in which you can be praying for this team:
- For safety and health as we travel
- For our hearts to be prepared to serve and pour out to others
- For boldness in Christ as we step outside our comfort zones
Team verse: 1 Samuel 12:24
“But be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.”
If you want to contribute to the Tucson team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Tucson.”
Meet Team Kentucky! On this trip we have: (back row) Jack Andrews, Rachel Teal, Josie Starkey, David Fletcher, Brad Walker, (front row) Jimmy Schantz, Amy Barnett (L), Madison Hiatt, Julia Hurlow (L), and Emily Wallace.
This team will receive a unique opportunity to learn to connect with God in a new way through a spiritual retreat at The Abbey of Gethsemani Monastery. The hope of this trip is to experience foundational spiritual practices in order to grow in relationship with the triune God and others.
Here are some things to pray for:
- For wisdom and discernment as we would practice the presence of God
- Provision of health and safety
- Growth into the likeness of Christ
For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.
If you want to contribute to the Kentucky team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Kentucky.”
Meet Team Mexico! This team includes . . .
(Pictured from the left front row) Sarah Mangan, Lily Smith, Cassidy Clasen, Savannah Palumbo, McKenzie Nelson. (From left back row) Taylor Marshall, Kayla Hunter, Tori Trevorrow, Caroline Poland, Ben Kruger, Will VanDerNoord, and Jacob Halleen. (Not pictured: Sarah Bleeke)
In partnership with Back2Back Ministries, the team will have the opportunity to partner with local children’s homes, communities, and churches to meet the spiritual, physical, educational, emotional, and social needs of orphans.
Here are a few ways you can be praying for the team and their time in Mexico:
- For team unity as a whole. That we would be able to work well together, encourage one another where needed, and give grace throughout the time we are serving with Back2Back.
- For compassion and openness to learning as we begin to discuss more of the course content and engage in daily trainings down in Cancun.
- For safety and health for our time as we travel and work alongside the staff of Back2Back.
Their team verse is Isaiah 1:17, which says, “Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.”
If you want to contribute to the Mexico team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Cancun.”
Meet Team Daytona! This team includes. . .
Back row from left to right:
Ethan McNeil, Andrew Rieck, Jack McNeil, Tali Valentine, Danny Magallanes, LeeAnna Davis, Steve Mortland, Daniel Korrie
Sam Jones, Lily Walter, Abbey Russell, Abby Pepin, Stevanni McCray, Teagan Kauffman
Jesslyn Ridge, Micah Hardesty, Natalie Rupp, Patience Korrie, Erika Mortland
(Not Pictured: Drew Jordahl)
This team will be engaging in intentional conversation with those in the Daytona community, as well as showing love towards those who are homeless. Their ultimate goal is to seek authentic moments to share the love and truth of Jesus.
Here a few ways the team has asked their friends and family to be praying for their time in Daytona:
- Pray that we would be unified as a team
- Pray that we would clearly hear the Lord’s voice.
- Pray that we would lose all judgements of others and see them as the Lord see them.
- Pray that we would listen well to others and speak only when the Lord prompts us.
Their team verse is Micah 6:8, which says, “…But to do justice and to love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God.”
If you want to contribute to the DR team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Daytona.”
Meet Team Memphis! (From left to right) This team includes Ela Alvarado, Jen Cline (Co-Leader), Jacob Gerding (Co-Leader), Sienna Luttrell, and Luke Sorrell.
The team will be partnering with Service Over Self (SOS) to practice the ways of Jesus in the Binghampton and Orange Mound neighborhoods of Memphis, TN. They will partner with local homeowners to provide full roof replacements, examine God’s call to be His people, and the way He uses community in His Creation-caring and Kingdom-building objectives.
Here are a few areas in which you can be praying for the team and their time in Memphis:
- Safety working up on the roof
- For the relationships we build with the homeowners we partner with
- That our work would glorify God and not ourselves
- That we would help further the mission of SOS
- That strong relationships would be built within our team, as well as with other people we meet
Their team verse is 1 Samuel 12:24 which says, “Only fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you.”
If you want to contribute to the Memphis team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Memphis.”
Meet Team Dominican Republic! On this trip, there is Theo Cook, David Dunas, Crysta Haynes, Dana Kay, Jordan Rhodes, Annika Ward, Rachel Davidovitch, Paul Dunas, Grace Hooley, Jordan Rhodes, Taylor Whitlow, Shelby Delay, and Jeff Wallace.
They are excited to go serve with Students International, where they work with occupational ministry opportunities, and will have the opportunity to connect to many of major areas of study pertaining to ministry and meeting the needs of the people.
Here are some things this team has asked you to pray for…
- Provision for God’s adventure
- Joy in all we do giving God the glory
- Encouraged hearts as we serve
- Spiritual and physical safety/health
- Relationships developed in the DR and with each other
- That we can be encouragement to SI staff and missionaries
Team verse: John 17:23 – “I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
If you want to contribute to the DR team, please prayerfully consider giving at http://www.taylor.edu/give-online, click “give to Taylor World Outreach,” and select “TWO Spring Break – Dominican Republic.”